Monday, July 5, 2010

The Great Ordeal

So I'm sitting here, window browsing the internet for pretty laundry hampers (to satiate my shallow desires), when I get a bite from the DIY bug. Utterly giddy about having a new project, I return to the bead box I positively roared at my parents to buy when I was 7 and only opened twice.

I worked so hard. I strung 89 beads in the matter of 45 minutes while reading WhatClaudiaWore and appreciating the fellow die-hard Baby-Sitters Club book fan's humor.

Do not mock me. I know you are all out there, closet BSC fans. Claudia Kishi should have a fan page on Facebook, and it would say "Recommended pages: Claudia Kishi. Many people who like Lady Gaga like this."

A blurb of Kishi-ness:
Anyway, I wore the coolest tuxedo I'd recently bought in a thrift shop, including a silky, piped shirt and a bright red velvet cummerbund. I removed the shoulder pads from the jacket, which made it really slouchy (I love that look). Then I bought a pair of white socks with silver glitter.

I decided to wear a pair of red sneakers to match the cummerbund. I swept my hair up and fastened it with a rhinestone barrette in the shape of a musical note.


Geezus.

I encountered one bead, which we shall name, Bead from Hell, whose hole was just small enough that the string could fit in but not go through. The Bead from Hell teased and tortured me for about 12 minutes. It occurs to me now that I could've just not used that bead.

I was just about to tie the knot when one end slipped - in the matter of 2 milliseconds - out of my hand and all of the beads fell off. Except two.

Degraded, humiliated, and pissed, I was forced to get on my hands and knees and look retrieve 89 ****ing beads for a stupid project that probably would've turned out really ugly anyways. And yet I decided to go for another attempt. I stopped after I encountered the Bead from Hell...yet again...to blog about the Great Ordeal. And also to show appreciation to the fact that every character in the BSC books has a legit Twitter account. God bless them.

1 comment:

  1. umm--i definitely based so much of my middle school fashion off what i read in BSC :D

    loool that was the only part where I actually reread the mini bios in the beginning xDD

    ReplyDelete